Kiddar Capital (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a global alternative asset management firm based in Falls Church, Virginia, with offices in London and Houston, TX. Launched in 2007 by real estate and construction veteran Todd Hitt, the firm manages over $850m deployed across venture capital, real estate, and credit.
Kiddar Capital is seeking an full-time Associate to support our growing venture capital portfolio focused on Seed-Series B investments in built world startups (real estate, construction, logistics, and automation technology). Associate will report to Principal of our Venture Group and will be expected to mentor and manage junior team members. This position will occasionally work across departments to facilitate real estate deals and private equity transactions. Associate will work out of our Falls Church, VA office and be expected to regularly travel to meetings and events in the Washington, D.C. Metro area.
- Proven track record in venture capital investing and portfolio management
- Experience across all aspects of venture capital from market research, lead generation, and deal negotiation to investment management and LP relations
- 2-7 years experience in venture capital or private equity
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time (domestic and international)
- Undergraduate degree in field pertinent to venture capital
- Capable of managing our existing investment portfolio and stewarding new funds as they are raised, including all aspects of fund performance and reporting
- Strong research and analytical skills. Organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in entrepreneurism and technology companies
- Expert at market/company research, offering memorandum drafting, and due diligence
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good networker that can grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Self-starter that is able to manage more junior team members
- Ability to manage organizational and finance documents
- Strong understanding of corporate documents, term sheets, and finance
Role / Responsibilities
- Identify deal resources and conduct outreach
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about Kiddar Capital
- Negotiate investment deals with direction from Principal of Kiddar’s Venture Group
- Research and evaluate each company and industry as a potential investment, including interviewing company teams, competitors, and customers
- Recruit, train, and manage existing and future staff
- Prep and distribute portfolio updates and due diligence packages
- Participate heavily in Kiddar’s deal meetings
- Manage CRM on companies and entrepreneurs
- Assist with investor relations and outreach
If interested, please apply here.