The Venture Capital Associate will support investment analysis, fund operations, and portfolio management. This is a tremendous opportunity to gain exposure to the venture business alongside a small entrepreneurial team of accomplished investors and health care executives. This is a 2- to 3-year role, based on performance, typically leading to a transition to an MBA program or operating role.
Kaiser Permanente Ventures (KP Ventures) (Linkedin, Crunchbase) makes investments in healthcare IT, digital health, healthcare services, and medical device companies. KP Ventures is dedicated to partnering with entrepreneurial companies to build innovative and enduring businesses that advance the quality, access, and affordability of health care and the health of our communities. Since its inception in 1997, KP Ventures has invested in more than 60 companies at all stages of growth. The fund has over $400M under management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Associate will work closely with members of the venture capital team. This is a junior investment role.
- Track and screen pipeline of companies for investment, maintain pipeline database and reports.
- Conduct all stages of due diligence (including market, competition, and clinical diligence).
- Build financial models to support investment analysis.
- Write investment memoranda and support transaction execution.
- The Associate will be expected to contribute to other team responsibilities, such as presentation development, quarterly portfolio reporting, and ad-hoc portfolio company support.
- 3-5 years of experience post-college.Minimum two (2) years of experience at a leading venture firm, investment bank or consulting firm, with an industry focus on health care, preferably health care IT or health care services companies.
- Relevant work experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- BA degree in finance, economics or healthcare related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced Excel financial modeling skills; ability to build complex models independently from scratch.
- Ability to independently develop financial models and perform complex analytical exercises.
- Exceptional work ethic, including a willingness to accomplish all required tasks to assist the team.
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and establish collaborative working relationships.
- High integrity.
- Experience in business development or product management within a healthcare company, preferably in health care IT or health care services.
- Strong corporate finance and accounting knowledge-base
If Interested, please apply here.