January Capital is an established venture capital manager with offices in Australia and Singapore. We are looking for an Associate to join our investment team, so if this sounds like you, tell us who you are and why you will succeed at January Capital.
About January Capital
At January Capital, we look to invest in ‘second order’ businesses that will power growth in the Asia-Pacific region over the next decade. We are committed to investing in founders who challenge the status quo. We’re inspired by those individuals who are willing to dedicate themselves to solve some of the region’s biggest challenges. We are unwavering in our geographic focus: we invest in South-East Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
We specialise in providing mid- to late-stage venture capital to high growth technology businesses across a range of geographies. Our portfolio includes Akulaku, Shopback, aCommerce, and others. We adopt a thematic approach to our investment decision making, focusing on a set number of sector focus areas each year.
We manage more than $150 million of assets on behalf of our investors, which are comprised of a range of professional investors. We are in the process of launching a Singapore office, to supplement our existing investment team in Australia.
About the Role
Associates are full members of the January Capital investment team. You will work alongside partners and principals through each stage of the investment process, from initial meetings with entrepreneurs, through due diligence and investment recommendations. You will work closely with entrepreneurs post-investment completion, attending board meetings and actively supporting our portfolio on a raft of critical projects.
You will have the ability to be part of a collegial, tight knit and energetic investment team. You will form part of the launch team for our Singapore office, providing a unique opportunity to join at the ground level of one of Asia-Pacific’s leading venture capital managers.
Experience and Other Requirements
We are looking for bright, extremely motivated and talented individuals. Most importantly, we are looking for people with grit and an attitude that means they will pitch-in where needed.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years’ experience in a highly analytical role (such as a major investment bank, consulting firm, or technology company)
- Experience with and understanding of technology companies, startups, and entrepreneurship
- A strong desire to integrate with the technology and startup community (we believe the best investment ideas come from our entire team, from Associate to Partner)
- A passion and curiosity for technology and building products
- A naturally inquisitive individual, who always seem to be asking the “why” and “how” questions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
IF interested, please apply here.