International Accelerator (linkedin, crunchbase) was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping facilitate foreign-born entrepreneur success in the United States. We invest exclusively in companies with non-U.S. founders providing access to seed funding, go-to-market strategy, quality mentors, and world-class operational support.
IA is looking for a Venture Capital Associate who will lead the sourcing and assessment of potential startup investments. You will represent IA as you conduct industry research, evaluate startups during pitch meetings, and present investment recommendations to the Investment Committee. You will also act as a liaison between entrepreneurs, mentors, country advisors, service providers and IA staff.
You’ll bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking, and business judgment, as well as a keen eye for potential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the sourcing and evaluation of the most promising foreign-born startups
- Manage pipeline of new investment opportunities and provide world-class customer service
- Work with the Investment Committee to identify and develop investment thesis
- Initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities.
- Help onboard portfolio companies, as well as problem-solving and opportunity discovery.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Science or related field
- Relevant work experience in an early stage startup, venture capital, private equity or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Research and analytic skills
What We Offer:
- International, collaborative and inspiring team.
- Great exposure to key players in VC and business community in Austin, TX and nationwide.
- Competitive performance-based compensation and benefits.
- Benefits: 100% IRA match up to 3%, great health insurance
- Weekly happy hour, quarterly team building activities.
If interested, please apply here.