InMotion Ventures is an active early-stage investor backed by Jaguar Land Rover. We invest globally in the future of transport and mobility, focusing on Seed to Series B. Post completion, we work closely with our portfolio companies, supported by a team of in-house designers and technologists.
About The Role
We are recruiting an Investment Associate to join our team in Central London. Reporting to the Investment Manager, you will work within our London-based investment team, sourcing and analyzing new investment opportunities, supporting deal execution and reporting on portfolio performance.The role is an ideal entry into the world of venture capital. You will see, and screen, a high volume of early stage deals, enabling you to start building your own pattern recognition and professional network.Above all, you will have the opportunity to work with the founders of InMotion’s portfolio companies.
- Deal Execution – Support senior members of the investment team in the appraisal of new investment opportunities, performing analysis covering: product, market and competitive landscape, business plan, and fit with InMotion’s investment thesis.
- Market Intelligence – Develop a deep understanding of the changing transport, travel and mobility markets. Identify significant new market trends and potential opportunities for investments, providing in depth research and analysis to the InMotion Investment Team, with a view to informing investment decisions.
- Portfolio performance analysis – Support all portfolio management activities, in particular liaising with portfolio companies to provide the investment team with up to date metrics on company performance. From time to time there may be opportunities to provide more hands-on support to portfolio company founders.
Sebastian Peck, Managing Director – InMotion VenturesMark Newman, Finance Director – InMotion VenturesAlex Smouth, Investment Manager – InMotion VenturesJames Nettleton, Accelerator Programme Lead – InMotion Ventures
- Demonstrable interest in transportation, disruptive business models, investment and startups
- Able to manage multiple changing priorities and be an active contributor to a small, high performing investment team
- Highly analytical, able to apply quantitative as well as qualitative approaches to problem solving and decision making
- Strong network and an active participant in the London tech community
- A first principles thinker, who looks at opportunities and trends based on evidence and rational analysis, rather than analogies or ‘the way things have been’
Technical Requirements & Experience
- Around 2-3 years’ experience in consulting, M&A, startups, or early stage investment
- Excellent academic track record, with a minimum of a 2.i degree from top tier university in a numerate or analytical subject (natural sciences, maths, economics, social sciences)
- Experience in building financial models, evaluating complex new business models and delivering to tight deadlines
- Must be eligible to work in UK
What’s on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Dynamic work environment in a small team, contributing at all levels from day one
- Opportunity for international travel, generating deal flow and working with our startups around the world
- Unparalleled exposure to a high volume of quality deal flow and all stages of the investment process
- Awesome office in Kings Cross
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and experienced investors
- Annual allowance for professional training and development
If interested, please apply here.