Industry Ventures is a leading investment firm focused exclusively on the venture capital market. Industry invests in venture-backed companies both directly and indirectly via secondary and primary transactions. The firm was founded in 2000 and manages eight secondary funds, four hybrid fund-of-funds, and one direct fund with over $3 billion of institutional capital. Industry Ventures is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with an office in Washington, DC. Industry Ventures secondary funds are differentiated by a unique focus on venture capital investments in both limited partnership interests and secondary direct investments, with an emphasis on transactions from $1 million to $20 million.
Industry Ventures is seeking an Associate to join our growing team. The Associate will assist the Partners and Vice Presidents in sourcing, analyzing, and executing investments throughout the entire deal process. Associates take on substantial responsibility and are a crucial component to the deal teams and investment decisions. While the Associate will be hired to work primarily on the secondary fund, Associates are offered the unique experience and opportunity to support the direct fund and hybrid fund-of-funds in their second year.
This position is for a two-year commitment. Top-performing Associates will be considered for promotion to Senior Associate after their second year. The firm has an on-going mentorship program to assist early professionals in strategizing and executing on their career goals. Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include a base salary with an annual performance-based bonus.
- Create financial analyses, waterfall models, and internal memos to assess and process potential investments
- Assist senior investment team in performing due diligence on companies and portfolios
- Source transactions through proactive outreach and networking
- Analyze and monitor current portfolio holdings
- Build sector maps and monitor market trends
- Attend annual meetings and industry events to build personal networks and enhance firm relationships
- Assist in various operational activities
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
- Outstanding academic record
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, or private equity
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive attitude with flexibility to take on special projects
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- An understanding of and interest in financial and technology markets
- Passion and curiosity for understanding venture capital and technology from a cross-sectional perspective
How to Apply: Email email@example.com