HOF Capital is a technology venture capital firm. We invest at Seed and Series A in North America and Western Europe. HOF has an unusually broad portfolio acceleration platform comprising 9 full-time staff and offices in New York (HQ) and London, as well as Venture Partners in San Francisco, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, and Taipei. HOF is backed by leading multinational corporations and family offices which view HOF as the best way to work with the US innovation economy. Among our initial investors are Orascom Group, the Godrej Group and Dallah Albaraka.
HOF Capital is looking to add an Engineer with a developer background to our Investment Team to build out our tech stack and support all aspects of the investment process. As part of a lean team, you will play an active role in building our platform; diligencing, structuring, and financing transactions in the technology sector; as well as assist in monitoring portfolio companies.
As a young, ambitious firm, we are in the process of scaling up rapidly, which means that each member of the team will play a critical role in building out the organization, defining its culture, and determining its future success.
This role requires a proactive, can-do attitude and an extreme level of integrity and professionalism. While we are intense and obsessive about detail we also enjoy our work and consider ourselves lucky to work at the epicenter of an exciting industry.
We estimate the role is about 25% software engineer, 75% business analysis:
- Configure our current and potential new software tools
- Aid in technical due diligence of potential investments
- Aid in technical recruiting for portfolio companies
- Business model research
- Industry trend analysis
This is a great role for an Engineer who wants to build their financial and business analytic skills.
Expected initial projects
- Build out internal technology stack: assist in developing proprietary tools for higher operational efficiency and dynamic workflows within the team, specifically regarding deal pipeline management and internal tracking processes. We are using a combination of tools stitched together including G-Suite, Streak, Slack, Airtable, and Asana.
- Support startups on product and backend infrastructure: work side by side with HOF Portcos in figuring out their needs, understanding the startups’ architecture at a deep level.
- Build out tools for data-driven prospecting (possible 2018 project): leverage data on downloads, installs, usage, and retention to source products/companies that are hitting product-market fit before others find out they are poised for widespread adoption. Weave AI and ML techniques to create algorithms that derive actionable insights for the firm.
- 2+ years full-time experience in software development
- Strong object-oriented programming skills in Java, C++, C#, Python and/or PERL
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience communicating with users and other technical teams to gather requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Relentless, self-motivated, hard-working, caring, brave, growth-oriented, and self-aware
- You will have ownership of your own projects and manage these projects from start to finish
- Work in a creative, imaginative, future-focused setting
- HOF is well established enough to have product-market fit, while young enough that you can have a significant impact on our trajectory/culture
- Vacation days, occasional lunch in office
If interested, please apply here.