Greenspring Associates is growing! We are looking to hire an Associate to join our investment team to help us find, analyze and make investments across our venture investment platform. While this provides the opportunity to learn about and get exposure to the venture capital business in all its forms, we are asking the individual to be slightly more oriented towards our secondary fund practice.
Greenspring Associates, a venture capital platform with over $7B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. Originally founded in 2000, the Firm now has over 50 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Notable investments include Accel, Benchmark, Founders Fund, and NEA, as well as Chewy.com, ExactTarget, DocuSign, Scopely and Mulesoft.
- As a core member of our tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing while playing a key role in the Firm’s secondary investment strategy.
- Work with the secondary deal team lead to complete diligence steps on live fund secondary processes to include: detail review of return models prepared by analyst team members, making recommendations for company underwriting, completion of partner presentation materials, assist with the bidding and closing processes.
- Assist with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture fund and expansion stage company investment opportunities, and make recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitor a sub-set of the existing Greenspring fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
- Perform broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within our focus areas, and advise the broader investment team accordingly
- Your opinion will be highly valued and your initiative to dive into white spaces and help the entire GA partnership learn about new industry focus areas will be welcomed.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the Firm’s Annual Meeting in Deer Valley, Utah.
- Prior secondaries experience with strong understanding of secondaries market and investment process preferred but not required
- Organized, dependable, and able to lead a process start to finish
- A true passion for the venture capital industry
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities
- Naturally analytical mindset
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
- Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
Greenspring Associates, Inc. salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with company match
- Personal Time off
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
If interested, please apply here.