The Geekdom Fund L.P.(Crunchbase) is a venture capital fund that invests in early stage IT startups in San Antonio, South Texas and beyond. We focus on Seed and Second Seed investments and aim to be our investments’ most helpful investor.
- The Associate will work out of the firm’s San Antonio office, supporting one of the partners.
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision.
- Confident and positive, high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management.
- Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required.
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Perform Due Diligence
- Help prepare internal investment memos
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.