Attention Current Ford Foundation Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
To be considered for employment at Ford Foundation, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments must be submitted for each individual job post for which you are interested in applying. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Ford Foundation’s Mission Investments team is seeking a full time Investment Associate to assist investment officers and a senior program officer with market analysis and manager and fund due diligence. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Mission Investments, the Associate will be responsible for evaluating financial and impact performance, conducting industry reviews and supporting the creation of research on industry trends, regulatory changes and the investment landscape. The associate also will conduct research and participate in meetings on the intersection of impact investing and capital markets as it relates to mission investments. The ideal candidate has worked across a variety of impact themes and is a strong researcher with excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis ability. T hey also have investment management experience in an institutional setting such as a pension fund, foundation or family office.
About Mission Investments
In addition to its grant-making, Ford Foundation has a long and distinguished history of “double bottom line” investing or impact investing, primarily through program-related investments (PRIs), which the foundation pioneered in 1968. Seeking to expand its commitment to impact investing and its endowment management strategy, Ford Foundation recently announced the addition of a Mission-Related Investment Endowment (the “MRI Endowment”), governed by an MRI Committee of the foundation’s Board of Trustees. The program will invest up to $1 billion, phased in carefully over the next 10 years.
The overall goal of the new Mission Investing (MI) program is to deliver significant mission impacts over the long-term and advance the Foundation’s programmatic goals while seeking to achieve a total return consistent with prudent risk taking. As such, the MI program has both financial and social return objectives.
- MBA or CFA plus 5 years’ experience in investment management and research or field that involves significant analytical work (e.g. strategy consulting, investment banking) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex research
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Operational due diligence experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required
- Commitment to social justice and impact investing
Alignment with Mission and Culture of the Foundation
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of openness, collaboration, trust, equity, accountability and urgency
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
If interested, please apply here.