The Venture Investments & Partnership Associate will be based in our new Boston, MA Innovation Center as part of the Lab IX and CIP team which is the venture investment and partnership arm of Flex. The team objective is to identify emerging technologies which could benefit the Flex ecosystem of customers. By investing in and partnering with these promising technologies our team enables Flex to offer cutting edge innovation to our customers.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Perform as a member of a project team performing the company building and due diligence activities required in making investment decisions, including the following:
- Screen business plans and investment proposals
- Completing market, product, technology, management team, financial and investment/valuation of potential investment and partnership candidates
- Generate and analyze financial models
- Prepare documentation and drive the internal review process which will result in financing decisions
- Work as a member of a team to maintain the daily operations of Lab IX, including
- Supporting outreach events and activities targeting the entrepreneurial ecosystem of VCs and startups
- Ownership & maintenance of key Lab IX tools, models and process materials
- Providing support to our operational team for portfolio companies
- Deal flow management
Work, as part of a team or independently, to develop strategic partnerships, including potentially:
- Developing further relationships with existing partners
- Identifying potential new relationships by researching major players in target markets/sectors
- Developing new market strategy for potential partnerships – end-to-end assessment of issues (attractiveness, strategy, go-to-market, risks, criteria for decision, economic modeling and business planning)
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic initiatives; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions into recommendations
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s degree with exceptional academic performance
- 2-4 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following environments: consulting, venture capital or operating company (hires with relevant experience will be placed at appropriate level)
- Understanding of the Boston Venture Capital (VC) ecosystem
- Advanced problem solving capabilities; ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects with minimal to moderate direction
- Strong team player with excellent relationship and leadership capabilities
- Superior written and oral communications
- Ability to work across multiple industries/markets and on a variety of business problems
- Project-oriented experience (academic or work-related)
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed work style; flexible, high initiative and comfortable with ambiguity
- The ideal candidate would have strong business and financial skills and a desire for understanding technologies and business strategies relevant to Flex.
- Seeking financial skills to include: financial statement analysis, financial modeling & investment analysis.
- Business skills include: market, product and technology assessment, and management team assessment.
- Candidates must demonstrate resourcefulness in sourcing information to evaluate technologies or strategies, including leveraging internal and external relationships.
If interested, please apply here.