f.oundersvc is a venture capital fund backed by Web Summit and its community of leading tech founders.
Web Summit’s global events bring together over 100,000 tech attendees each year. The select group of top tech founders invited to its f.ounders events have gone on to raise over $50B and create some of the world’s largest and most impactful technology companies: from Uber, Stripe, Square & Cloudflare to Lemonade, Desktop Metal, Improbable & Zymergen.
This unique community of the world’s top technology founders have now come together to invest in the next generation of top founders coming through the events, and to leverage Web Summit’s unique global platform to help these founders accelerate their vision on a global scale.
We are hiring two investment associates, one on a full-time and one on an intern basis, to help drive our investment efforts. The roles are based in our office in San Francisco, CA.
What you’ll achieve
- You’ll be key in driving our investment efforts, working closely with our general partners and interfacing regularly with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- You’ll be responsible for a wide range of activities, including researching and forming investment theses, finding early stage investment opportunities, and supporting our portfolio companies
- You’ll build relationships with some of the world’s top founders through our network, and through extensive periodic travel to our events around the globe
Who you are
- You demonstrate a passion for technology and investing, intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn; plus, a humble outlook, self-starter mentality, and strong personal integrity
- You have one to four years of relevant professional experience in one or more of investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity, corporate development or strategic finance roles.
- You’re comfortable analyzing business plans, building financial models, performing market research, and have some familiarity with structuring legal documents.
- Having prior operational startup or investing experience
- Demonstrated academic success at a leading institution
- Technical background (engineering, comp sci, math, physics, etc.).
- Strong existing network in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Additional Information: We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the SF FCO.
To Apply: Please email your resume or LinkedIn profile and a short cover note to email@example.com