Emergence is seeking an Associate to join our Investment Team. This is a meaningful role for our firm. Among other responsibilities, our Associates drive the sourcing process, allowing them to work closely with every investor on our team and work with every company in which we invest. You’ll also help support our diligence efforts and drive the development of new investment themes as we work with the next generation of cloud visionaries.
This role will enable you to accelerate your career in tech by building critical skills and contacts in venture for 2-3 years before returning to an operating role or to graduate school.
As part of the role, you will:
• Drive our sourcing engine, including managing our outreach process, company datasets (e.g., Crunchbase analysis), and CRM system (e.g., SalesforceIQ). You’ll also meet regularly 1:1 with each Partner to drive deal reviews.
• Source new investments by attending relevant conferences and networking events and building great relationships with entrepreneurs.
• Participate in all aspects of due diligence including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and industry research.
• Participate in development and evaluation of emerging theses, including market map creation.
• Develop presentation materials for the partnership. This includes developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
• Contribute to building the Emergence brand and portfolio, including writing blog posts and other forms of content.
You have the skills required to thrive in a small, but dynamic team environment, including:
• 2-4 years of experience with an investment bank, strategy consulting firm, and/or early-stage technology company
• Exceptional analytical abilities and detail orientation
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven project management capabilities
• A collaborative working style
• A demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship
• Computer Science background a plus but not required
If interested, please apply here.