Edison International (NYSE: EIX), through its subsidiaries, generates and distributes electric power, and invests in energy services and technologies, including renewable energy. Edison’s business platforms include Southern California Edison (SCE), one of the largest, most modern and cleanest electric utilities in the country, and Edison Energy, a corporate energy services business with a national footprint, offering integrated solutions in a rapidly changing energy and cleantech marketplace. Both in California and the US, Edison International is widely recognized as an industry leader with a visionary drive toward a clean energy future, staying at the forefront of deploying new technologies, exploring innovative business models and advancing transformative policies.
About The EIX Strategy & Corporate Development Team
The Strategy & Corporate Development team at Edison International leads the strategic planning, corporate development and M&A activities across all EIX companies. A key new area in the organization is the Growth & Innovation (G&I) team, which identifies, incubates, and invests in businesses or ideas that can generate innovation insights, enable our core business, and lead to new revenue growth for the company. The electric power industry is facing an accelerating rate of change, and the G&I team will identify opportunities for growth and mitigate risks created as a result of this change. The G&I team is external-facing with connectivity to the broader EIX, SCE and Edison Energy organizations.
The senior associate will be a key member of the G&I team with responsibility for quantitative and qualitative analysis. The position will be responsible for developing financial models, conducting key industry analyses, assessing company business models, and evaluating investments in early and growth-stage companies. The senior associate will also be tasked with synthesizing analyses into presentation materials for senior EIX team members, which at times will include members of the C-suite and EIX’s Board of Directors, as well as external parties.
- Market Research and Analysis: Conduct and communicate market sector analyses, including industry and market trends, market sizing and segmentation, value chain, customers, competitors and business models; translate data and findings into conclusions, implications, and recommendations for further investigation or action.
- Opportunity/Investment Assessment, Valuation and Execution Support: Assist with the evaluation of G&I opportunities, including potential investments in early/growth-stage companies, being pursued by the team; conduct due diligence, perform financial valuation analyses, write investment memoranda, and support investment transaction execution.
- Program and Portfolio Administration: Coordinate meetings, briefings and communications with key stakeholders, develop synthesis materials, and maintain tracking database for investment opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, finance, engineering, or a related discipline involving analysis/research.
- Three years of experience in venture capital, investment banking, corporate development, or consulting environments.
- Three or more years of experience applying financial/quantitative and critical thinking skills, and a track record of excellent performance.
- Two or more years of experience in financial modeling/valuation of early and growth-stage companies.
- Deep understanding, interest and experience in energy and cleantech
- Deep interest in emerging technologies, startups and innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills and solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently to advance assignments through completion
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance may be provided.
If interested, please apply here.