Dynamo is a seed stage investment firm that seeks to support and invest in founding teams who are contrarian in thought, complementary in skill set, tenacious in approach, audacious with goals, and execution focused. Our investing activities tend to focus on early stage technology businesses that have the potential to transform commerce with a concentration in what we dub “logistics technology” that encompasses supply chain and transportation. Dynamo is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN.
The Associate Investor at Dynamo will join a small, nimble team of operators and investors. The individual will have a rare opportunity to learn the inner workings of a venture fund, help make impactful investments, and grow their personal brand. She/he will be able to assume responsibility of key functions and be able to grow their career with our team.
- Actively source new companies in a data-driven manner through personal networks, events, and being a key player in the global startup community
- Conduct in-depth analyses of relevant target markets, business models or technologies to identify key venture financing trends and identify investment prospects
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence (market, customer, product, financial, etc)
- Prepare investment memos and manage deal execution
- Support portfolio company founders with key initiatives
- Assist with investor relations activities as it pertains to quarterly and annual reporting
- Represent Dynamo in interactions and discussions with top company executives, founders, and other investors
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc
- Minimum of 1–3 years experience in a relevant function is preferred. This includes but is not limited to startups, financial and operational modeling, lead generation, product management, or software development
- Web app development experience and/or investment experience is preferred
Attributes or Qualities
- Have a “growth” mindset
- Exhibit the ability to build and cultivate a network/community
- Proven to be results oriented
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
If interested, please email email@example.com and include your LinkedIn profile. If you’re able to get a warm introduction to Santosh, Ted, Barry, Allan, or Jon, we strongly encourage it.