Founded in 2008, Dreamit Ventures is a leading early-stage venture fund and startup accelerator. Dreamit invests in startups with demonstrable traction looking to rapidly gain customers, initiate new partnerships and raise capital. Startups participate in one of Dreamit’s three industry verticals: Urbantech (http://dreamit.com/urbantech), Healthtech (http://dreamit.com/health), or Securetech (http://dreamit.com/securetech).
We are hiring a bright, dynamic, and creative Associate to assist with sourcing and marketing for our Securetech program. This position will be responsible for overseeing the vertical’s sourcing process and strategy, analyzing startups for entry into the program, creating a content marketing strategy, and building brand awareness through events and other marketing initiatives.
- Build and execute on a strategy for sourcing pre-Series A startups in cybersecurity, fraud, compliance, and physical security.
- Develop a deep understanding of the global Securetech vertical to evolve Dreamit’s Securetech connections, refine sourcing strategies, and diligence startups that may enter the program.
- Create a sustainable startup sourcing process by building investor relationships, maintaining scouts to source companies, and doing outreach to founder-focused organizations.
- Coordinate with the vertical’s Managing Director and Program Manager to interview new startups, collaborate on content, and identify new sourcing strategies.
- Liaise with founders who are considering Dreamit’s accelerator program to educate them on Dreamit’s unique value proposition and to learn more about their companies.
- Identify and manage a calendar of sector-specific industry conferences, events, pitch competitions, and networking functions for you and the Securetech team to attend.
- Write and edit content on a weekly basis to promote the Dreamit brand through blog posts and live-streamed events on the Dreamit Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Measure and optimize content marketing efforts by creating reports on defined KPIs around engagement and brand awareness for the Securetech program.
- Produce weekly or bi-weekly newsletters with community and industry news.
- Manage social media channels for the Securetech program.
- Coordinate PR and announcements regarding Dreamit and Dreamit portfolio startups including managing relationships with media outlets.
- 1-3 years of work experience.
- Prior experience with securetech, working at a startup, venture fund, or accelerator is a plus.
- Passion for startups and the venture capital ecosystem.
- A strong interest in security technology, cybersecurity, and/or physical security.
- Exceptional oral, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong work ethic.
- Experience and/or comfort working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
If interested, please apply here.