Delta-v Capital is a direct secondary and growth equity firm providing growth capital and secondary liquidity solutions to leading US growth technology companies. Delta-v is based in Boulder, CO and Dallas, TX. Since our founding in 2009, we have made over 25 investments in market leading companies including DrillingInfo (sold to Insight Venture Partners), LogRhythm (sold to Thoma Bravo), Cloud Sherpas (sold to Accenture), Borderfree (sold to Pitney Bowes), and Zayo (NYSE:ZAYO). Delta-v has grown to manage approximately $500M AUM, and we seek to invest $5M – $20M per company.
The Associate will be responsible for providing support to the investment team in all aspects of investing and portfolio monitoring. The role will be focused on the technology sector with a particular emphasis on enterprise software, security, information services, Internet, and communications services.
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence for new investments including diligence requests, customer and management reference calls, market sizing and sector research, valuation analysis, structuring, modeling, and legal diligence
- Develop detailed financial models (P&L, BS, CF, cap table, waterfalls) relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses, and liquidity events
- Develop presentation materials for the Investment Committee. This includes constructing professional presentation materials, developing and refining presentation themes, and data gathering and synthesis
- Deepen existing industry sector knowledge and contacts to help drive investment strategy and effectively conduct due diligence
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and management activities including preparing periodic financial and valuation analyses and supporting board level activities
- Share in certain general activities of the firm, such as managing and updating the firm’s CRM platform and analytics database, and maintaining and updating the firm’s website
- Two to four years of total work experience, including:
- At least two years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, VC, growth equity, or PE investing, or a general management, product management, or business development role at a high-growth technology company
- Demonstration of superior intellectual horsepower through high test scores and strong academic performance from a top-tier university
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to deliver results with limited supervision
- Extensive experience with detailed financial modeling and knowledge of complex cap table structures
- Ability to develop an investment thesis and evaluate risks and present them clearly through investment committee level materials
- Knowledge of the venture capital and technology markets
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions / recommendations
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in a group setting
- Excellent networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Energetic team player with a sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills
To apply, please email email@example.com with: 1.) Your resume 2.) A short (max ½ page) write up on why you are interested in this opportunity including why you want to work in Dallas, and 3.) A short write up (max 1 page) describing a private growth stage business or sector you are bullish on and would love to invest in.