We’re looking for a cryptocurrency geek, technology enthusiast, startup lover, market researcher, deal maker, portfolio supporter, thought leader in the making and future superstar venture capitalist, in other words an:
We’re an early-stage venture capital firm primarily focused on SaaS, online marketplaces and frontier tech. We are a small, international team with different backgrounds, op inions, interests and tastes. What we share is a passion for startups, a commitment to meritocracy, and the aspiration to be what we call a “good VC”.
Your role in a snapshot
You’ll be the major contributor to our cryptocurrency investment efforts and make sure we see all relevant deals by proactively finding opportunities, taking care of incoming leads, building relationships with stakeholders in the cryptocurrency ecosystem and helping maintain and develop our global brand, reputation and network.
Together with the investment team you’ll work on all aspects of an investment from sourcing, evaluating and winning a deal to supporting our portfolio companies.
As owner of our cryptocurrency investment efforts your can consider your role at Point Nine as one of the fastest ways to learn, build your network, and advance your career. You’ll get a ridiculous amount of independence, combined with the ability to learn from us as well as the amazing founders of our portfolio companies.
Here’s a more detailed overview of what you’ll be working on. The role is based in Berlin, but expect a lot of traveling.
- You have a huge passion for startups, technology and the cryptocurrency market, an entrepreneurial mindset and an insatiable desire to learn. We’re all bullish about ML and AI, but until machines will take over our jobs we want to add some super strong non-artificial AI to our team.
- You have 1-2 or more years of experience in the tech industry, be it as a startup employee/founder or as a VC. If you’re coming from an investment bank we’ll still consider you if you are a nice person otherwise. ;-) (It happens to the best of us. We’re looking at you, Pawel.)
- You are involved in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, be it as an investor, founder or early adopter and you are bullish about it.
- You’re a digital native. Extra points for engineers and coders.
- You have excellent analytical skills and you love to work with numbers. Turning raw data into a cohort analysis? You’ll figure it out!
- You’re great at self-organization and task prioritization. You can work autonomously, but you’re also a great team player.
- You’re fluent in English. Further language skills are a plus. (So far we have people from Australia, France, Germany, Poland and Spain in our team, and we’re always keen to increase our coverage.)
- You can communicate efficiently and effectively. Extra points if you’re a good writer.
If you’re interested we’d like to ask you to send us:
(1) your CV and any other information you think might be helpful;
(2) the URLs or usernames of your professional online presences (LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, GitHub,…), as applicable;
(3) your thoughts about three out of the following questions:
- What is your favorite company and why?
- We have a €75M fund. How many companies do you think we should invest in? Why this number?
- Are there any cryptocurrencies or crypto projects you are particularly excited about? Why?
- How would you evaluate the price of a token?
- Is there a VC in the US that you admire?
- Do you know a startup that you think we should invest in?
To submit your application, please complete this Typeform. Thank you very much in advance!