Cota Capital (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a San Francisco-based investment firm focused on the technology sector, particularly within the software and software-enabled segments. Our focus is to be a great partner for world-class teams looking to build the great, disruptive technology companies of the future. Partners at the firm have backed category-defining companies whose products have reshaped entire markets and become household names, such as Uber, Google, Salesforce and Dropbox. We are growing our investment team and looking to hire two Associates.
- Working as part of the Cota investment team to evaluate investment opportunities and categories, including managing due diligence processes, assessing product and technology, evaluating market potential, building financial and valuation models, conducting industry and customer checks, and constructing and presenting an investment memo,
- Performing research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and themes and presenting findings to the investment team, with particular focus on identifying points of change and understanding of evolution of competitive landscape, and
- Engaging with portfolio companies operationally to assist the leadership teams with the execution of the vision, including helping with the analysis of any existing or potential organizational and business issues, developing multi-year operational plans, onboarding operational resources, developing benchmarks for business metrics, and helping in recruiting.
- Intellectual curiosity, with a demonstrated passion for investing in technology
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a high degree of maturity and an ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- 3+ years of work experience at a top-tier investment banking, consulting, private equity, venture capital, hedge fund, or corporate finance/development at a technology company
- Superior analytical skills, including financial modeling and data manipulation experience
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Technical degrees are a plus, but not required
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- First-rate interpersonal and networking skills to interface with founders and senior executives
- Fluency and facility with data manipulation, financial modeling, and business presentations
- Exceptional academic background from a top-tier university
- Strong, active ties to the startup and technology community are a plus
- Technical domain expertise is a plus
If interested, please apply here.