We are looking for an energetic self-starter to join our investment team as an Associate. This person will actively participate in our fund from sourcing deals to managing the portfolio and may involve board-level participation in our investments. Most of your time will be spent helping us diligence new markets, investment opportunities, and financial modeling. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast paced, high performing team, while building your network and experience in early stage VC.
Core Innovation Capital is a leading venture capital investor in financial services that empower everyday Americans, the 95% of our population that spends over $1 trillion in fees and interest on financial services annually. Core partners with world-class teams to generate both consumer and enterprise value. We primarily invest at the Seed and Series A stages, with initial checks of up to $5m. To learn more about us, visit corevc.com.
- Shape Core’s investment thesis through research on market trends, sectors, and investment prospects
- Support investment decisions by conducting due diligence, incorporating competitive and financial analyses and management team evaluations
- Communicate investment recommendations through investment memorandums and returns analyses
- Build relationships with industry insiders and founders at conferences and events
- Evaluate incoming investment opportunities by conducting research and meeting with founders
- Proven self-starter, highly motivated personality, able to succeed in unstructured environment
- Strong analytical thinker; can synthesize discrete pieces of information into a conclusion
- Expert in financial modeling and returns analysis
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- High business acumen
- Understanding of financial services and relevant technology trends
- 1-4 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, investing or at a venture backed startup
- Misfits are a real plus J
If you meet these criteria and are excited to make Core Innovation Capital your next home, please send your resume and a targeted cover letter to Zev Wexler at firstname.lastname@example.org.