ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. Our Labs team is responsible for sourcing startups externally, incubating them within ConsenSys, and creating a world-class accelerator for startups developing innovative blockchain products.
Profile of Position
An exciting and varied position, the Associate will primarily work out of the firm’s Brooklyn office, supporting the ConsenSys Labs team and other ConsenSys initiatives. We are searching for a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on their own initiative with light supervision. The right candidate will be confident, positive, high-energy, cultured, and capable of easily interacting with senior management. Being flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required is also key to the success of this role.
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and source opportunities
- Network with peers in other Venture Capital Firms
- Perform due diligence
- Create marketing materials to communicate ConsenSys Labs value proposition to external parties, outside ventures, etc.
- Formalize process for capturing top-of-funnel opportunities
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IPs
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Help preparing internal investment memos
- Deal screening: Call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: Summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
Required Skills and Experience
- MBA from a top business school
- Experience evaluating startups in terms of team, market, regulatory environment, and product.
- 1-2 years of investment / startup experience (VC/PE, incubator / accelerator, investment banking, private equity, or consulting)
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with cash flow modeling and/or early stage venture financing models, investment valuation techniques is a plus
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.