CNTP is a global, multi-stage, technology investment firm operating out of Silicon Valley and New York. The CNTP team is comprised of an accomplished group of entrepreneurs and operating executives who have experienced the full lifecycle of technology companies, from startups to Fortune 50 firms. We pride ourselves in playing the long game, prioritizing long-term relationships over those with odds for a quick exit. This investment philosophy offers portfolio companies a steady investment partner across the entire lifecycle.
We firmly believe in the power of globalization and help our portfolio companies embed global thinking into their strategy from inception. Our extensive international experience and superior network of strategic relationships enable our entrepreneurs to gain global footprint from the outset.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our fund as an integral part of the investment team. As an associate, you will be involved across all areas of our business including sourcing and qualifying potential investments and deals, researching new trends across various industries, managing the portfolio, and much more. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and building long-term relationships across the industry. This role is best suited for someone who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and well networked with the startup and technology community in Silicon Valley.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Directly support our Managing Directors across a broad range of initiatives and deals.
- Perform primary due diligence of potential investments through market and competitive landscape analysis, customer calls, online data resources, and industry conferences and experts, among others.
- Ability to write thoughtful and detailed investment memos and present a strong investment case to the partnership.
- Monitor and formulate independent viewpoints on industry trends, track top VC investments and portfolios, compile and distribute relevant information with key insights to the partnership.
- Maintain relationships with senior management across the CNTP portfolio and be willing to find effective and creative ways to add value.
- BS/BA from a top tier academic institution (technical or financial degree preferred)
- 2-5 years working experience in a technical/product role at technology startup and/or conducting financial analysis at a top tier investment bank, venture capital fund, or buy-side investment firm.
- Fluency and passion for technology and entrepreneurship (technical background preferred but not required)
- Solid analytical skills including thought leadership, financial modeling, and deal evaluation
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Enjoys networking, attending conferences, and engaging new people
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and high standard of integrity and compliance
- Self-motivated with intellectual curiosity and positive attitude
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in a startup-like environment
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can email Bo Nam email@example.com
Please answer the following questions:
- What technology industry trends currently interest you the most?
- When do you think autonomous vehicles will be on the road and why?
- Name up to 3 interesting startups that you are excited about.