Cohen Private Ventures oversees certain family office activities for, and invests capital on behalf of, Steven A. Cohen and his family. We invest long-term capital, primarily in direct private equity, venture and growth equity financings, concentrated public markets positions, real estate and other opportunistic transactions. Our permanent and proprietary capital base differentiates us from traditional capital sources, allows us to maintain a long-term perspective, and enables us to be creative, flexible and opportunistic. The direct involvement of our founder, our team’s investing acumen and our extensive relationships make us an ideal long-term partner to families and their investment offices, exceptional management teams and entrepreneurs, and like-minded investors. We foster collaborative and enduring professional relationships and maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
CPV typically targets equity investments of $20 million to $200+ million per transaction, but we will consider greater and lesser amounts in appropriate situations. We are equally comfortable with a majority control position or as a minority shareholder alongside like-minded partners.
What you’ll do
- Analyze, conduct due diligence, execute, monitor and monetize a broad range of direct private equity, concentrated public markets, and other opportunistic investments
- Support a lean, collegial and non-hierarchical senior team
- You will have the opportunity to take on significant (and increasing) amounts of responsibility
- 2-4 years of experience working as a Financial Analyst/Associate at a top-tier investment bank and/or a top private equity firm
- Excellent analytical and modeling capabilities
- Ability to evaluate potential investments across industries and throughout the capital structure (debt, structured/hybrid securities, mature-stage private equity and growth equity investments)
- An outstanding attitude and work ethic
- Maturity to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- A strong interest in direct private and concentrated public markets investing
- The ability to conduct independent research and employ a creative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility to move quickly among projects; and
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards
We take care of our people
CPV invests in its people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
If interested, please apply here.