Associates drive a variety of market and transaction-related analyses, working with managers and directors to develop acquisition opportunities, venture capital investments and corporate strategy. The associate will join the team focused on collaboration technology. Day to day, associates will:
- Source, screen and propose investment, partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Work closely with Cisco Business Units to align strategy with partners and other key constituents
- Drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors
- Develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses
- Design presentations for senior management related to acquisitions and investments
- Perform business, financial, accounting, and customer due diligence
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Corporate Development is responsible for driving Cisco’s long-term growth strategy through venture capital investments and acquisitions. The team proactively sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on innovative market segments, executes on M&A transactions and actively manages VC investments. Cisco is looking to add exceptional team members to grow its organization and support the company’s continued growth.
Who You Are
- 2+ years as an analyst at a top-tier investment bank, PE/VC firm with deal experience, or strategy consulting ideally in the technology industry
- Exceptional ability to create structured quantitative analyses and financial models
- Demonstrated personal initiative, excellent judgment and sense of humor
- Leadership capabilities and the ability to operate successfully in an unstructured, team-oriented environment
- Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models and industry trends
- Self-motivated and able to independently source and execute transactions
- Ideal candidate is pre-MBA; BA / BS degree in a quantitative discipline with strong academic credentials
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
If interested, please apply here.