Channel VAS is seeking a qualified Deal Flow Associate to identify and evaluate both acquisition and investment opportunities. This individual will identify opportunities, and evaluate and structure partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. The role requires close interaction with senior executives throughout the company on a wide array of business issues.
- Perform market analysis to help identify interesting investments while sourcing, screening and identifying prospective investment opportunities.
- Evaluate investment opportunities through reviews of business plans, management team meetings, legal documents, etc.
- Monitor industry sources of deal flow and data, including analyses, public relations and social media (DowJones Venture Source, VentureWire, Primack Term Sheet, CrunchBase etc.).
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide information on market and creative trends while maintaining and developing a strong external network of relationships, generating business opportunities.
- Assist in developing the company’s acquisition policies using knowledge of the market and competitors.
- Work with internal colleagues to identify needs, understand the company’s goals – Arrange and participate in internal and external debriefs.
- Identify the decision makers within the target organization.
- Interface with public equity analysts to discuss merits of potential investments.
- Draft investment recommendation documents summarizing the investment thesis and due diligence on an investment opportunity. Assist in the drafting and review of legal documents, including corporate documents and transaction documents.
- Assist in negotiating pricing and valuation with targets.
- Assist in executing and managing post-acquisition integration.
- 2-3 years experience in the Fintech (Telecom, technology, Finance) Sector industry working in Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy and Development, Venture Capital, Equity, or Investment Banking.
- Strong academic record required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner.
- Proven experience in sourcing investment opportunities.
- Works well in a small team.
- Efficient networker internally and externally with a strong commercial acumen.
- Confidence to discuss key pipeline with senior stakeholders, lead partners and private equity clients. – Experience in private equity.
- Strong passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and investing
- .Fluent in English.
- Willing to Travel.
If interested, please apply here.