Cervin Ventures, (Linkedin, Crunchbase) a premier seed-stage enterprise technology VC fund, is looking for an associate to join its team in Palo Alto/San Francisco.
- lead portfolio and fund performance discussion at the weekly partner meeting
- own the dashboard for portfolio company KPIs and fund performance
- manage and monitor progress against our investment goals or other goals via weekly discussions and regular off-sites
- ensure that quarterly updates to our Limited Partners is done consistently and in a timely manner
- manage the information backbone for all cap tables, funding and related legal documents in partnership with the outsourced back-office team
- ensure that leading data aggregators such as PitchBook, PreQin, and Cambridge have the latest updated information on fund performance
- develop and maintain the “best practices” platform for the firm; the platform will include thought leadership papers, KPIs, models, and other related information across various functions including strategy, finance, pricing, sales, marketing, customer success, etc.
- maintain relationships across various network service providers across recruiting, functional and CEO coaches, finance/back-office, marketing/PR, etc.
- assist portfolio companies across various projects across strategy, pricing, market sizing, competitive analysis, etc.
- monthly newsletter, website, and social media presence
- podcasts, blogs, and other related content developed internally and in partnership with portfolio companies
- events including annual event, holiday and other social networking events, peer events for portfolio company executives, and thought leadership events
- ensure updated presence for the firm and its portfolio companies on AngelList, CrunchBase, etc.
- media coverage
- support for the investment team for speeches, presentations, and panel discussions
- Utmost enthusiasm for entrepreneurs and venture capital
- Detail orientation and strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong critical thinking and discussion skills
- Strong financial analysis skills, ability to review business and financial models, identify and judge key economic drivers for a business
- Strong business and personal judgment
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and willingness to learn, give and take feedback
- Self-motivated and highly productive, awesome work ethic, multi-tasking skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a small team
- Socially outgoing and a people person, sense of humor, smarts, and a positive attitude
- The ability to consistently come up with new ways to make us better
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience ideally in a role requiring research, analysis and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of succeeding academically while demonstrating leadership roles in extracurricular activities, ideally in team and social environments
If interested, please email your resume and linkedin profile to email@example.com