Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN)(Linkedin, Crunchbase) is seeking an Associate to join our team in Austin. This is an entry level to mid-level analyst and administrator position; the ideal candidate has a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant full-time work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or entrepreneurship. The role is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a leading angel investing organization and to the entrepreneur and business community.
With members investing more than $90 million in 150+ companies since 2006, Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) is the most active single-chapter angel group in North America and is a significant source of early-stage capital to entrepreneurs from Texas and beyond. A member-based nonprofit organization headquartered in Austin, the angel group features more than 180 accredited investors from an extensive cross-section of sectors and backgrounds. CTAN members not only invest; they also mentor entrepreneurs and connect them to business resources, providing critical support to the success of early-stage business and the Texas economy. CTAN is also a member of the Angel Capital Association and the Alliance of Texas Angel Networks.
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Mission-driven professional who is passionate about startups, emerging sectors, and innovation
- Exceptional analytical and research skills and not afraid of rejection; enjoys “the hunt” for information about a considerable cross-section of companies and sectors
- A strong desire to serve and foster growth in the entrepreneur and angel investment community
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with an ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with different sets of stakeholders
- Results oriented, with the ability to work effectively and autonomously, in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with minimal direction
- Exceptional project management and organizing skills, with ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong technology skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar), Dropbox, and website management
The Investment Associate is an integral part of the organization’s early-stage startup funding process. This position reports to the Executive Director. Primary job functions include: 1) due diligence, 2) funding cycle management, and 3) entrepreneur relations.
If interested, Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(recommended deadline is February 1, but application review will begin immediately)