Cathay Innovation is a global venture capital fund, jointly based in San Francisco, Paris and Shanghai. We are affiliated with Cathay Capital, a global investment firm with over $3.0b AUM and 90 professionals.
We were founded around the conviction that supporting digital entrepreneurs by providing them with a global platform, bridging North America, Europe and China, constitutes a particularly powerful value-creation strategy. As an early growth focused fund, we look to partner with visionary entrepreneurs, committed to driving change through technology. Such transformation is accelerated by leveraging Cathay Capital Private Equity’s extensive network with corporates and solid experience in operational excellence.
In our first three years, we have already led 22 investments around the world, including Chime Bank, Glovo, Ledger Hardware Wallet, Peek Travel, Trifacta, PinDuoDuo, Momenta, OnTruck, Owkin, among others. Many of our companies have gone on to raise substantial rounds (e.g. Chime Bank recently raised a $70m Series C, and Glovo raised a $134m Series C). We also had our first IPO in Fund I, the three-year old firm PinDuoDuo which went public on the Nasdaq for nearly $30b.
What the role entails:
We are looking to add a new team member to the investment team. The Investment Analyst or Associate will be primarily responsible, together with the rest of the team, in the sourcing of new opportunities, investigation and execution of deals, and assistance and monitoring of the portfolio companies.
- Support deal execution, build financial models and prepare investment memoranda
- Monitor internal deal flow pipeline. Participation in the reporting to LPs
- Attend networking events, conferences on behalf of the firm
- Investigation of qualified opportunities and market sectors, deal sourcing and deal screening
- Occasional domestic and international travel as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- 1–5 years of experience conducting company evaluation and financial analysis, ideally at a top tier investment bank, buy-side investment firm or consulting firm
- Prior demonstrated interest in technology sectors as well as in start-ups
- Exceptional analytic skills, Excel modeling and deal evaluation skills
- Strong strategic thinking, project management and communication skills
- Self-starter that has the desire to be part of a fast-developing, entrepreneurial project on three continents
- International study or work experience a plus
If you’re interested, we’d be excited to learn more:
Please share your resume and a quick note about why you’re interested to: firstname.lastname@example.org