The Venture Associate acts as the face of the Accelerator in Houston. You are constantly meeting and evaluating new startups, while building meaningful relationships with our growing portfolio companies.
You have a pulse on the best startups in Houston, and figure out who the best ones are each month and convince them to apply for our Accelerator program. Once companies are accepted into the cohort you actively maintain relationships with each startup, and work to connect them to opportunities that gain exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s at Capital Factory.
About Capital Factory:
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
Working for Capital Factory is the best way to gain hands-on experience while being surrounded by best in Austin tech talent. If you are in search of a career in the tech entrepreneurial scene, this is the place to get started.
- You have some experience with startups and venture capital
- You have a passion for startups, and technology
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet, while working independently
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of Houston and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available in person during business hours and after hours for events.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Houston Startup Week
- You are comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- You plan on staying in Houston and being available for this job for the next 2 years
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You have discretion and can be trusted with confidential information.
- You are constantly meeting new tech startups in our ecosystem, and externally
- You review all of the startups who attend events at Capital Factory, sign up as a member, or fill out our online funding assessment.
- You recommend 1 new mentor every month
- You accurately and promptly score leads in Salesforce
- You meet regularly with our Houston based companies
- You hold kickoff meetings, connect them to the best mentors, and work to include them in TX wide programming and opportunities
- You host monthly Accelerator info sessions
- You host weekly office hours with our portfolio companies
- You host VIP tours, and act as the ambassador of Capital Factory in the Houston tech ecosystem
If interested, please apply here.