You review all of the startups who attend events at Capital Factory, sign up as a member, or fill out our online funding assessment. You figure out who the best ones are each month and convince them to apply for our Accelerator program. You write deal review memos for potential investments by the fund.
Once companies are accepted into the cohort you actively maintain relationships with each startup, and work to look for opportunities to get them exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s at Capital Factory.
- You have some experience with startups and venture capital
- You have a passion for startups, and technology
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of Dallas and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available in person during business hours and after hours for events.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week
- You are comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- You plan on staying in Dallas and being available for this job for the next 2 years
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You have discretion and can be trusted with confidential information.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- You sponsor 5 startups who get accepted into the Accelerator each month
- You recommend 1 new mentor or EIR every month
- You accurately and promptly score leads in Salesforce
- Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors love working with you and think you are super helpful
- You know what’s going on with our portfolio companies at all times
- You’re able to connect our companies with specific mentors, and opportunities
- You host bimonthly Accelerator info sessions
- You host weekly office hours
You’ll work closely with…
- Joshua Baer, Founder and CEO
- Gordon Daugherty, Managing Director, Accelerator
- Abba Binns, Sr. Programs Manager
- Caroline Tosbath, Mentor Coordinator
- Grace Vroom, Accelerator Coordinator
- Startup Evangelists
- Other Venture Associates
On your calendar…
- Assessment Day
- Funding Day
- Weekly Accelerator Ops Meeting
- Weekly Directors Meeting (Monday)
- Accelerator Info sessions
- Dallas roadshows
- Social events and happy hours at CF
- Monthly Members Happy Hour
- Austin Startup week
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health and dental insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
If interested, please apply here.