You are the glue that cements our most important corporate and government partners into the Capital Factory ecosystem by understanding their business objectives and connecting them to relevant startup opportunities and to each other. You know our Strategic Accounts well, and connect them to the startups best suited to address prioritized and funded problem sets. You get to know our Innovation Council Members so that you can connect them to startups who have the solutions to problems they have already prioritized and funded. You also recruit new startups specifically to meet the criteria our Innovation Council Members are looking for. This role has the flexibility to be based out of Austin, Dallas or Houston.
- You have experience as a venture associate in an early-stage startup environment.
- You have experience navigating corporate and government organizations
- You have a passion for learning about new startups and technology.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You document. You make lists and spreadsheets.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are available to work at least 55 hours per week.
- You check your email on the weekend and are committed to working nights and weekends when needed. You do what it takes to get the job done
- You plan to stay in Texas and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About Our Team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and a smartphone.
- We are security-aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You’ll know you are successful if…
- Every IC member engages with at least one startup from our community each year resulting in revenue or investment for the startup. Revenue or investment targets will be outlined during interview process.
- You can easily describe the top priorities of each Innovation Council member and examples of the kind of startups they would be interested in meeting.
- You can easily produce lists of startups in our portfolio meeting various criteria that our Innovation Council Members are most interested in (list all of the later stage startups working with drones and computer vision, or all of the telemedicine startups using chatbots).
- You source and onboard 2 new startups each month into the accelerator who are likely to be an interest to one or more Innovation Council Members.
- You help other Venture Associates source startups who are likely to be an interest to one or more Innovation Council Members.
- Make a minimum of five (5) connections per month between Innovation Council Members and members of our portfolio that result in follow up meetings being scheduled.
- You track and report relevant connections and startup engagement activity in our CRM.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days.
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
IF interested, please apply here.