The Venture Associate acts as the face of the Accelerator. You are constantly meeting and evaluating new startups, while building meaningful relationships with our growing portfolio companies. You review all of the startups who attend events at Capital Factory, sign up as a member, or fill out our online application. You figure out who the best startups are each month and convince them to apply for our Accelerator program. You immerse yourself in to the tech ecosystem and are up to date on the most current happenings in the startup scene.
Once companies are accepted into the cohort you actively maintain relationships with each startup, and work to look for opportunities to get them exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s at Capital Factory.
About Capital Factory…
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have experience with startups
- You have a passion for startups and technology
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- Bonus points if you have experience in an industry vertical- Fintech, Emerging Tech, etc.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You must be available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2 years.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- You sponsor 5-10 startups who get accepted into the Accelerator each month
- You are seen as an ambassador for the Accelerator in the tech ecosystem. When people think about Startups in Texas, they think of you.
- People regularly reach out to you to connect with others
- You are up to date on the most recent happenings in the startup world
- You accurately and promptly score leads in Salesforce
- Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors love working with you and think you are super helpful
- 15 days PTO, plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance
- Downtown parking and Omni Center Gym Membership
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
If interested, please apply here.