Bolt is seeking to increase the number of founders we invest in and support. We are looking for an associate or principal to join our investment team and help us find the next generation of startups at the intersection of hardware and software. Candidates must thrive in the fast-moving venture community and, like the rest of our team, be highly autonomous. We’re looking for someone who is humble and has a high degree of empathy for the founders we back and the risks they take.
This is a full time role at either our Boston or San Francisco offices.
- Lead the firm’s effort to identify and evaluate new companies for investment.
- Participate in all aspects of investment due diligence including technical feasibility, market sizing, and industry research.
- Design and execute projects and programs that help Bolt attract new portfolio companies or support existing ones.
- Attend board meetings and support existing portfolio companies with introductions to potential hires, investors, and customers.
- Design, attend, and support a broad range of events that Bolt hosts.
- Build long-term relationships with founders and other venture investors relevant to Bolt’s ecosystem of startups.
- At a minimum, three to five years of work experience. This could include operating experience at a venture-backed startup or previous venture investing experience.
- Strong analytical skills. Physics, engineering or computer science degree(s) are preferred.
- We are open to candidates both with and without an MBA.
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of Bolt.
- Extremely proactive and self-directed. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role. Command of the language of the hardware startup and venture capital communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Warm introductions to a member of our investment team are preferred. Alternatively, apply via the link below. (Here)