Blue Ocean Capital is an alternative investments firm focusing on China-US cross-border investments and development. Founded by a team of experts in Chinese technology, PE, and business operations, Blue Ocean’s unique approach to investment and development puts it at the forefront of innovation and liquidity.
Our values of integrity, creativity and growth is reflected in our fast-paced out-of-the-box attitude and business directives. We are not your run-of-the-mill firm and we are proud of our ability to move at break-neck speeds, find synergies between two of the world’s largest economies and build scalable business operations. And have
fun doing it!
If you are interested in cross-border relations, investment thesis’s in the Healthcare industry, and desire a massive opportunity for growth and professional development, then Blue Ocean is the perfect firm for you.
Blue Ocean Capital is looking to add a US based Associate who has a background in venture investing/ private equity/M&A, with a deep interest in the healthcare sector, and a passion for cross-border relations between China and the US.
The candidate will have 1-3 years of investment experience and should be currently active in the healthcare ecosystem. Someone who is hungry and excited to be a part of a small team with lots of ownership and responsibility. You will be working with a team that has a longstanding background in healthcare business and cross-border investment, so you should both be ready to bring your best work and have an open-mind to learning a vast amount of new things.
- Identify and evaluate cross border and healthcare investment opportunities
- Lead negotiations with and execution of portfolio company transactions
- Act as ambassador for the firm expanding its network of entrepreneurs, potential LPs., etc.
- Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investment and strategic collaboration opportunities
- Helping execute the related transaction (due diligence; deal structure/terms interacting with internal/external subject matter experts and advisors; seeking approvals; closing the deal)
- Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-up, rounds, divestitures)
- Contribute to the sourcing of portfolio company deal flow
- A strong understanding of financial markets in both the US and China
- Mandarin Chinese Language skills
- Expertise with cash-flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Distinctive financial modeling, analytical problem-solving skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong judgment, self-starter able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Conceptual problem-solving skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Robust interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree in finance or related field or equivalent practical experience. MBA Preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in business or corporate development with venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience analyzing and leading deals in the healthcare space in the US and/or China
- Extensive network in the venture capital and entrepreneur community in the Eastern US
- Experience with the Chinese market especially related to capital markets and healthcare
- Track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel
- Available to travel domestically (6-8x per year) and internationally (2-4x per year)
If interested, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Blue Ocean Capital Associate Application – FIRSTNAME LASTNAME”