BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (BHI), is a Montgomery County innovation intermediary which translates market-relevant research into commercial success by bringing together management, funding, and markets. BHI is seeking an early stage life sciences professional to join the BHI team and work within an entrepreneurial environment.OVERVIEW
- BHI ASSOCIATE Reporting to Senior Analyst, the Associate will assist in the evaluation of early-stage technologies and will provide strategic planning and operational support for start-up companies. The Associate will work directly with BHI EIRs, analysts, and company management in this endeavor. The Associate supports the BHI organization by strategically managing and providing information, intelligence and insights that drive critical business decisions. The Associate will participate in appropriate networking events within the region to represent the BHI mission.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, ANALYSIS & EVALUATION
- Assist early stage companies with the development of their business plan, pitch decks, comparative analysis, research market trends, etc.Perform commercial analysis and coordination, including conducting comprehensive technical reviews of scientific studies, research, and analysis in the areas of advanced technology development.Utilize quantitative and qualitative approaches to manage and analyze research data from public and proprietary datasets. Use this foundational data to extrapolate strategies for advancing new technologies/products to market.Develop recommendations on market entry points for new technologies, geographic expansion opportunities for established products.Conduct literature reviews which include a combination of technical and business content.Utilize project management, databases and communication tools to report program initiatives, progress and outcomes to leadership.Creatively address organizational concerns by devising tools, metrics and dashboards to manage and report on projects, gauge progress, outcomes and successes.
OUTREACH & PARTNERSHIPS
- Develop and support effective scientific collaborations between Federal laboratories and agencies, universities, and the private sector to interface with private industry on the basis of specific technology areas to build partnerships.Identify new opportunities in pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies and organizations, universities, research funding organizations, grants, venture Capital firms and private equity.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences or related field (M.S., M.B.A., Ph.D).
- Experience or educational background to support market opportunity assessment, financial modeling or life sciences business consulting preferred.Interest in working within a small team to perform primary/secondary market research on competitors, markets and customer segments.Experience evaluating product strategy models and develop commercialization pathways for early stage and/or emerging technologies.Experience collaborating with team members to derive trends, conclusions, and recommendations based on the market research and product/technology evaluation.Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage/support multiple projects simultaneously.Sufficient scientific skill set to analyze a breadth of innovations.Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills.Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external key stakeholders.Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and to work well independently and in a team environment.Ability to maintain flexibility working in a changing environment and communicate effectively across the organization and with external scientists, professional collaborators and entrepreneurs.Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead a meeting.
If interested, please apply here.