B Capital is $360M venture capital fund with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Singapore. We are a new breed of VC with strategic LPs including the Boston Consulting Group. Our focus is on venture growth stage businesses that bridge the divide between innovative start-ups and leading global corporations. Our strategy is based on building partnerships between our investments and corporate partners earlier in the investment cycle to accelerate growth, shape technology toward broad market acceptance, and create differential exit outcomes.
We are looking for a pre-MBA Associate who has an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing new investment opportunities, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our primary industry verticals – consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, health/wellness, and industrial/transportation. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop investment theses. Our associates are closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.Deal screening and evaluation
• Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
Deal process utility player
- Proactively source deals in market through an established network.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.). Building company value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
- Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Passion for disruptive technology.
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.