This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Risk Funding is looking to expand its team to include an individual that will play an integral role in: 1) Managing and investing capital in insurance linked securities and property-catastrophe related asset classes for traditional and alternative capital providers including hedge funds, private equity and pension funds 2) Execute joint ventures that leverage the Company’s sourcing and underwriting expertise by delivering customized reinsurance solutions for clients 3) Create and capitalize vehicles, alongside investors, to build diversified portfolios of alternative risks and 4) Pursue strategic investments in financial services companies that support these efforts and 5) Assist Harrington Re, a newly formed reinsurance company created in conjunction with the Blackstone Group, grow and continue to execute on its business plan and 6) Assist the firm in integrating third party capital and traditional reinsurance across AXIS. This individual will have a history of (re)insurance experience, strong technical skills in AIR and/or RMS and have experience executing ILS and capital market transactions.
Required Education/Training & Experience
- Experience in ILS and catastrophe reinsurance
- Expertise in RMS and/or AIR
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis with strong modeling and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of seniority and investors, both internally and externally
- Proven self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to solve problems independently
- A minimum of 7 years work experience with the ability to 1) independently lead transactions and 2) coordinate with a broad team within the firm to create successful outcomes
Other desired skills and characteristics:
- Experience in the insurance sector and ILS modeling
- Strong client focus and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
If interested, please apply here.