The Ventures Associate will have responsibilities across all aspects of Archer Gray Ventures, including sourcing deals, evaluating and closing investments, managing portfolio companies, setting investment strategies, as well as participating in raising the firm’s Venture Fund.
The Ventures Associate will have the opportunity to interface with the production and content finance teams at Archer Gray, as well as leverage the resources of Archer Gray’s sister VC, Anthemis.
Source and analyze investment opportunities in the media sector.
- Meet with and manage relationships with prospective investment companies, as well as maintain a network within VC community.
- Conduct company reviews, including market sizing, technology assessments, financial modelling, product reviews, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks, and reviews of founding teams.
- Track, manage, and update dealflow in investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Conduct relevant media sector research and analyses, including conducting market landscapes, tracking fundraising and acquisitions, researching new technologies.
- Support and further extend Archer Gray’s network, including attending industry and VC events and promoting thought leadership on the company’s behalf.
Assist in closing investment deals and managing investment portfolio.
- Perform all aspects of due diligence on companies of interest; presenting materials and analysis to Head of Ventures and Investment Committee.
- Provide support with legal and financial terms of deal closings.
- Support the success of portfolio companies by identifying or creating synergies, providing strategic guidance and analyses, and generally leveraging the Archer Gray ecosystem on behalf of portfolio companies.
- Track and report on performance and valuation of portfolio investments, as well as holding company’s other investments as needed.
Work to strengthen and grow the Archer Gray ecosystem by syndicating intel and generallyliaising with the Archer Gray and Anthemis teams on media trends, relationships, and deals.
There are no formal requirements for this position. We don’t believe where you went to college or what names are on your resume are the best measure for a candidate’s ability to succeed in the role.
Instead, we are interested in candidates who are energized by the opportunity to craft the future of the media industry and Archer Gray itself, and who exhibit a deep desire to learn and grow.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated their drive and initiative previously through entrepreneurial thinking, diligent analysis, and perseverance in difficult situations.
Compensation is commensurate with pre-MBA venture capital positions.
If interested, please apply here.