Alpine Energy Capital (formerly known as Colony HB2 Energy) is a fully-integrated oil & gas operating and investment management platform providing differentiated investment products in the upstream space. We are seeking to build out our team by adding an analyst/associate with upstream E&P and/or financial experience. AEC is a joint venture formed by Equity Group Investments, Sam Zell’s private investment firm, and Colony Capital, Inc.
Job Title: Investment Analyst/Associate:
- Technical and financial evaluation of upstream energy assets
- Evaluate oil and gas properties using reserves estimation tools including decline curve analysis, multi-variate analysis, etc.
- Reviewing operating and financial statements
- Financial analysis, modeling, and valuation (discounted cash flow analysis, net asset valuation, etc) of new and existing business development projects/potential acquisitions
- Financial and energy industry related research
- Coordinating complex and/or time sensitive processes in execution of transactions
- Preparation of memoranda and presentations for internal and external use
- Manage databases tracking internal deal pipelines, investor and partner outreach and deals in market
- Review oil and gas marketing contracts, gas plant statements, transportation costs, pricing and basis differentials
- Analyze, price, and execute commodity hedging strategies
- Maintain network of industry contacts and stay up to date on news and trends
- Work across cross-functional teams such as operations, land, accounting, legal, etc.
- Active involvement in client facing situations
- Constant exposure to senior executives (internal and external)
- 3 plus years of experience in upstream oil and gas at E&P operator in engineering or corporate finance/development roles, investment banking, consulting, private equity, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree from in a related field
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, must be capable of communicating with financial/industry leaders and executives
- Highly organized multi-: capable of juggling multiple time-sensitive deadlines
- Independent, resourceful self-starter with intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Understanding of technical aspects of unconventional and conventional oil and gas extraction
- Experience in various Lower 48 oil and gas plays and basins
- Familiarity with industry/company dynamics in the upstream and midstream oil and gas sectors
- Knowledge of financial markets, products, and concepts, including RBLs, DrillCos, energy credit structures
- Utilization of financial and oil and gas data sources – Bloomberg, Factset, Thomson, IHS, DrillingInfo, etc.
- Relevant analytical software experience: ARIES, PHDwin, Petra, OFM, Spotfire, GIS, MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access, VBA)
If interested, please apply here.