Anzu Partners (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a venture capital and private equity firm that invests in breakthrough industrial technologies. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations. We focus on four key industrial areas: manufacturing, materials, monitoring and measurement, and modeling.
Anzu Partners has a strong track record of investing since its founding in 2014, and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists and operational support to drive results for our investors and portfolio companies.This October, we closed our first fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, L.P., to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies.
Our primary activities are: investing in and acquiring companies, and incubating our own business concepts with an in-house team.
Our Associates go beyond typical roles of diligence and sourcing and will play a leading role in combining Anzu’s wide set of skills to deliver impact to our portfolio companies.
We focus on the US & Canada but will be opportunistically international when appropriate. We consider investments in a wide variety of situations, including early-stage (Seed, Series A and Series B), mature (strategic mergers and acquisitions), and special situations (corporate divestitures, public-take-private, distressed and turnaround).
Anzu Partners has investment offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, and Washington, D.C. and Anzu’s finance and accounting operations are based in Tampa, FL.
About the role
Anzu is looking for a full-time Associate, who will be responsible for both investment and portfolio support.
Key activities in investment include:
- Conducting initial screening on potential investments
- Leading diligence with company, customer and competitor interviews when appropriate
- Analyzing financial projections and proposed deal terms
Key activities in portfolio support include:
- Building and testing prototypes for entry into new markets
- Analyzing product fit to the target market and any potential adjustments needed
- Developing commercial strategies (e.g. channels, pricing, etc.) for growing companies
The position reports to an Anzu Principal, or directly to a Managing Partner, depending on the situation as part of a small, cross-functional team with strong personal and professional development opportunities.
- Technical Master’s or PhD degree, with a focus on either Chemistry, Biology, or Computer Science strongly preferred.
- 1-4 years of work experience, with a preference for candidates with hands-on technical experience.
- Demonstrated strong academic ability.
- Strong personal drive and ability to operate independently when needed.
- Experience working with early-stage companies or startups preferred, but not required.
- Coding experience is a plus.
To express interest or to learn more, please send an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.