Founded in 2010, Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and enthusiastic problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services.
We are seeking a London based Associate to add to our growing investment team. The Associate will contribute to the origination, evaluation and execution of investments alongside the wider investment team.
- Assist the investment team in analysing investment opportunities of early financial technology and crypto companies. Typical reviews will include analysis on market sizing, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, technology assessment, regulatory and execution risks and review of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesize ongoing research and tracking of relevant trends and developments across financial services sectors.
- Track, manage, update and analyse dealflow in Anthemis’ investment databases.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and (as needed) current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Assist the investment team in the monitoring of portfolio companies post investment.
- Previous experience in Venture Capital, Start ups, and involvement in cryptocurrencies, tokens and distributed applications is preferred.
- Technical / coding skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a community.
- Understanding of and a demonstrable interest in technology and financial services including cryptocurrencies, tokens and distributed applications.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- High integrity, intellectually curious, independent and team-oriented.
- Appropriate working permit in UK / EU.
If interested, please apply here.