Altera Investments is seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about impact investing and who are local to the Atlanta-metro area for a newly created associate position.
The Impact Investment Associate will work with the firm’s Director of Impact Strategies and the Research Team in maintaining and growing the firm’s fund database, underwriting new investment opportunities, and drafting Impact Summary Reports (ISRs) for both impact-oriented offerings as well as our Core Fund Strategies. The Investment Analyst will interface with both investors and investment managers and will always need to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
The position will be a hybrid role consisting of the following:
70% Investment Research/Reporting:
• Research universe of impact investment firms and vehicles, with special attention paid to Altera’s target market of lower-middle market managers
• Conduct peer analysis on impact funds within and across asset classes, sub-asset classes, and sectors
• Update our TopLine™ database with information on firms and current/past funds
• Make recommendations to Altera team of funds warranting additional research and possible sponsorship by Altera
• Contribute to development and execution of impact consulting practice for institutional clients
• Interface with investors, prospects and other internal and external parties on the subject of impact investments
• Support Altera sales process through conference calls and meetings with potential and current investors
• Interview managers of past funds and/or utilize fund reports to update semi-annual Manager Notes
• Support other team members in interfacing with existing investors re: previously-sponsored funds
30% Consulting/Business Development
• Engage with prospective impact investors to convey Altera’s value-added approach to impact management
• Work with clients to understand their needs and objectives, to help them create their impact mandate and to implement a coherent impact strategy
• Participate in industry events, conferences and academic convenings t
• Express ideas in an organized, persuasive and articulate manner and keep team members informed of any issues with investors that need to be addressed
• Always work to strengthen the presence of Altera
• Act with integrity, humility and always “Do what is right”
• Represent the company and its brand with the highest regard in public, with investors, etc.
If interested, please apply here.