Aldea Ventures is a pan-European Venture Capital firm based in Barcelona. We are a next-generation fund of funds with a strong thesis on emerging managers. We support outstanding teams in their first and second funds linking established European hubs with the emerging South European innovation hubs. We invest throughout the whole early stage cycle with a diversified industry-agnostic and multi-geography approach. We also allocate up to 50% of the size of our fund in direct investments co-investing with our portfolio of funds in breakout companies in their growth stage.
Our Mission – Venture with a purpose
Aldea Ventures links investors with entrepreneurs based on mutual trust. We work collaboratively to maximize positive impact and nurture the creation of visionary and disruptive projects. We believe that innovation drives the economy and is fundamental to create a smart future where the best quality of life is possible.
We are currently recruiting 1 investment and portfolio analyst based in Barcelona starting in September 2020. From day one, we offer high and direct exposure to the attractive and challenging tasks of venture capital. You will be involved in all the relevant aspects of investment management work. Furthermore, working with Aldea Ventures will provide you with the unique opportunity to gain in-depth insight into young, and successful funds and companies.
As an Analyst, you will have meaningful exposure to all aspects of private company and fund investing. The role requires a strong sense of self-motivation and quantitative skills. You will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new opportunities and in the ongoing performance monitoring of the entire portfolio. You will have the opportunity to regularly interact with portfolio company senior management teams and co-investors.
In this role you will:
· Learn from a group of partners that have been in the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem for the last 20 years
· Play a critical role in a new to be developed platform, playing a major role driving the innovation economy in the South of Europe
· Participate in a solid community of successful entrepreneurs and managers across Europe
What you will do in this role:
· Sourcing: managing pipeline of inbound leads, mainly from co-investors and current network of the partners and generate outbound opportunities through industry research. Deal screening, summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM.
· Diligence: Gather information from the target company and industry experts. Prepare and present investment memos and pitch decks. Support in the due diligence process: talk to customers, clients, co-investors, employers, etc.
· Analysis: Prepare bottom-up and top-down analyses in the context of a transaction
· Deal structuring: assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
· Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and portfolio performance via regular valuations, cap table and waterfall analysis and tracking company performance
· Industry Research: Actively read and seek out new information sources to stay abreast of industry trends. Prepare analysis and research work for the group.
· Up to 2 years of experience in Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Consulting or Finance
· A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field
· A strong passion for the venture capital and entrepreneurial ecosystems
· Limitless curiosity about business models and understanding how companies make money
· Strong attention to detail taking full ownership and pride in your work with a high level of service, responsiveness, and follow-through for both internal and external stakeholders
· A strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
· Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
· Ability to translate complex information into an easily understandable language
· Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
· Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations
· Ability to communicate proficiently in both English and Spanish.
If interested, please apply here.