AI is the new electricity. Similar to electricity a hundred years ago, AI will transform a series of industries and reshape core parts of society.
As an associate at our AI focused venture capital fund, you will lead our research into specific, targeted industries. You’ll develop deep expertise about the possibilities for AI to have real business impact. In some cases, you’ll lead the development and validation of new ideas. You’ll also coordinate our relationship with promising new AI companies. If successful, you will play a leading role in the formation of companies that will make a fundamental leap forward in their field.
This is a full-time position based in or around Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.
Here’s what you will do:
● Own deep research into a targeted set of industries, and their potential for transformation by AI
● Drive the initial execution of particularly promising new projects
● Provide high impact expertise to accelerate scaling of new portfolio companies
● In specific circumstances, you may have the opportunity to join companies as a founding employee
Here’re the skills you should have:
● Dexterity with synthesizing varied strands of information and developing your own coherent point of view
● Ability to own the tracking and managing of many projects at once
● Resourcefulness to execute quickly in ambiguous environments
● Strong writing skills and ability to communicate clearly
● A technical background is not required
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
● Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently work not just smart, but also hard.
● Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
● Good team member: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually, and go after big goals together.
● Flexibility: You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules, to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy.