We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all – The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 19 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials for the past two years and one of America’s Most Admired Companies for 16 consecutive years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there is a home — and a flourishing career — for you at Aflac.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports all aspects of venture investing; leverages relationships with external eco-system to identify and screen deals of interest; initiates discussions and follows-up with start-up leadership and entrepreneurs
- Supports build out and analysis of financial models; assists with evaluation of investment opportunities and due diligence efforts for deals under consideration
- Assists with pipeline, deal and portfolio reviews; schedules review meetings at appropriate cadence; develops materials in support of internal deal flow/review sessions and external facing meetings; works with other members of the team to maintain deal log
- Supports all other Aflac Ventures’ activities including Marketing, Operations and Fund Administration
- Tracks market activity including funding events and trends, exits, new fund formation and start-up and sector news; prepares periodic reports to update team
- Travel up to 50% required, as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, business administration or other quantitative discipline and six years of professional job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three years in the insurance industry, in Strategy or Corporate Development preferred; business unit experience preferred
- Experience with storyboarding and developing high quality presentations
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Strong educational background and/or experience in financial modeling, financial statement analysis and/or statistical analysis
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex business and financial analysis including applied statistical techniques
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of due diligence requirements for investment deals
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Listening, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust
Business and Financial Acumen, Creativity, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical, Organizational Agility, Peer Relationships, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving
If interested, please apply here.