Located in Oakland’s Jack London Square, A3Ventures is the innovation lab and capital investment engine of AAA NCNU. We anticipate needs and shape innovations to help people make sense of our rapidly changing world.
As a Venture Capital Associate at A3Ventures, you will be responsible helpiing A3V’s corporate venture capital group develop an understanding of emerging technologies and business models and invest in a portfolio of companies. To do this, you will work with startups, accelerators, entrepreneurs, as well as AAA’s internal strategy teams to help identify market opportunities and source early-stage opportunities that align with AAA’s strategic interests and investment themes. Additionally, you’ll assist with analysis of M&A opportunities that align with A3V’s areas of interest.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Assist team to refine A3V’s corporate venture capital strategic focus areas
- Create market landscapes and research documents analyzing emerging technology areas
- Develop investment thesis based on market landscapes and AAA’s competitive advantages
- Assist with due diligence on investment deals, coordinating with entrepreneurs, other investors, and AAA stakeholders
- Perform valuation assessment and M&A related diligence
- Assist in managing relationships with portfolio companies, including strategic engagements that may result in pilots, proofs of concept, or commercial deals
- Network with startup companies resulting in venture deal-flow sourcing
- Own and lead a specific project related to the CVC strategy, deal sourcing, and investment evaluation
- Perform product, business and financial due diligence on companies of interest
- Generate investment memos and related materials for the AAA investment committee
- Manage lead/deal database and track investment process
- Write internally facing updates on CVC activities, portfolio, areas of interest
- Assist in CVC marketing efforts and social media presence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, M&A, or venture capital Strong interest in technology, startups and staying abreast of the latest trends and technologies
- Proven ability to think strategically about products, markets, competitive landscapes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficiency with financial modeling
- Proven ability to work independently, while managing multiple projects, often under tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to succinctly distill a large quantity of information and analysis for executive consumption
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value
Education and Experience
- Graduating MBA student or recent Post-MBA- Preferred
- BA/BS from an accredited University- Required
- 3-6 years work experience ideally from a top investment bank- Preferred
Why work for us?
- Impact. Reinvent AAA and the services we deliver to 50+ million Members whose lives we help improve.
- Development. Our team is designed to incubate not just business concepts but also business leaders.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including salary, performance bonus, benefits, and 401(k) company match and discretionary contributions.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service.
If interested, please apply here.