At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
About the Job
This role is primarily responsible for performing advanced, diverse, and highly confidential administrative and support duties. Position will require broad experience, skills beyond traditional executive support, and the ability to develop knowledge of CMC Dallas policies and practices in support of an investment executive, as well as the seasoned professional team that manages the Hospital’s $1.7 billion in assets.
Individual will integral to the team, serving as the first point of contact for the office, which has significant interaction with CHST’s Investment Committee (governing authority), as well as investment managers in private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds. The individual will be responsible for research projects, compiling information required for decision support, generation of executive summaries, designing materials, and sourcing required documents. Other responsibilities will include organizing and maintaining the team calendar, processing expense reports, coordinating international & domestic meetings/travel, and ability to oversee the solution to internal technical difficulties. Management and control of the back office will be a key responsibility, as the individual continues to identify process improvements.
Some Highlighted Responsibilities
- Assists team—including executive level, head of investments, and operations director—with the administrative needs of the office including processing timesheets, booking domestic & international travel, scheduling meetings across time zones with teams traveling to Dallas to meet internal staff, developing reports for internal employees (executive- and committee requested, and ensures compliance with all CHST employee standards.
- Maintains sensitive and highly confidential database that includes the team’s meeting notes and reports from CHST’s current and prospective investment partners.
- Assists executive in developing and monitoring the team’s capital budget, internal processes, & procedures (e.g., executing private equity capital calls, other wires, initial and ongoing diligence reports, & etc.). Some oversight of back office operations with ability to identify process improvements both internally and with external tech solutions partners.
- Completes assigned research projects to collect and compile information required for members of the investment team to make sound decisions. This includes analyzing information on equity, credit, and commodities markets. Presents project findings, results, and recommendations.
- Communicates with internal and external resources to meet critical deadlines and generate investment ideas. Coordinates deliverables for internal staff and ~15 external consulting professionals. Contributes to Investment Committee materials by leveraging extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Required: 3 years of relevant experience
Required: 1-year investment specific work
Required: 1-year investment research project work
Required: 1-year portfolio management software or other related software
Required: Four-year Bachelor’s degree
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.