Venture University is a multi-stage investment fund and a trade school for angel investing, venture capital, and private equity.
Venture University’s investment fund invests initially $20K-$1M+ per company and up to $15M in follow-on rounds. Every three months, Venture University develops 3-5 investment theses and makes 3-5 new investments.
Venture University’s trade school includes both a VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship and Academic Program. Venture University accepts <2% of the applications it receives, making it more competitive to get into than the top Ivy League schools and MBA programs.
Individuals gain quality investment experience deal sourcing, conducting due diligence, and investment evaluation, build a deep network within the startup and VC/PE industry, and share in the financial upside from the investments made.
Venture University identify’s top individuals who seek to join venture capital and private equity funds, new hires at VC/PE funds, angel investors and family offices professionalizing their investment strategies, aspiring new fund managers, entrepreneurs who want to learn to think like investors, experienced professionals who would like to make career transitions, and undergraduate and graduate students (many MBA’s use it as a “VC/PE finishing school”).
Venture University is redefining the value of an investment fund by creating an investment team that is capable of covering markets broader, deeper, faster, and smarter than a typical fund, providing a powerful network that can better support portfolio companies, and offering greater value to LPs.
Venture University’s mission is to generate consistent and superior returns net of fees as a venture capital fund and develop and curate top investor and entrepreneurial talent for the benefit of the innovation ecosystem.
For more information, go to: https://www.Venture.University
Venture University adds investors to its team four times per year: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Individuals can choose to join Venture University for 1-4 semesters, gain investment experience for 3 months to 1 year, and invest in 3-20 portfolio companies, immersing themselves into the world of angel investing, venture capital, and private equity.
- Winter: Jan 14th – March 29th, 2019
- Spring: April 1st – June 14th, 2019
- Summer: June 17th – Aug 30th, 2019
- Fall: Sept 16th – Dec 13th, 2019
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship is a full-time program, where individuals join Venture University’s trade school and participate on Venture University’s investment fund team, focusing on deal sourcing, due diligence, and investment evaluation. A part-time program option is also available for select individuals that can commit to at least three days per week, who may currently be in an undergrad or graduate program, or who have a flexible work schedule.
- Individuals also participate in an Academic Program which includes a one week academic investment intensive course, the “VC/PE Masterclass”, and Academic Night Modules that are 1-4 hrs long and go deep into the topics of venture capital, private equity, and entrepreneurship.
- Deal source from accelerators, seed funds, venture funds, private equity funds, startup founders, and strategics, meeting with ~100 companies and investors per week
- Attend VC / Startup networking events
- Review pitch decks, conduct due diligence, put together investment evaluations and recommendations, participate on investment committees, and support portfolio companies
- Make investments during the program, investing $20K-$1M+ in each company, and have the ability to source and invest additional capital in portfolio companies
- Individuals in the Investment Apprenticeship Program are offered a Profit Sharing Agreement to benefit from the financial upside from the investments made
Location & Requirements:
- You are applying for the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program based in San Francisco
- You must be located in or move to San Francisco during the program period
Eligibility (must meet one or more of the below criteria):
- Individuals looking to join venture capital and private equity funds
- Individuals who are new hires at VC/PE funds
- Angel investors and family offices who seek to professionalize their investment strategies
- Aspiring new fund managers
- Entrepreneurs who want to learn to think like investors
- Experienced professionals who would like to make career transitions. Examples include individuals with 1-3 yrs investment banking and/or consulting experience, individuals who have worked within corporate business development, innovation, or corporate VC, individuals who have worked at a startup and founders of companies
- Individuals at corporations that want to launch their own corporate VC
- Undergraduate and graduate students (many MBA’s use it as a “VC/PE finishing school”)
- Individuals with extraordinary abilities & exceptional achievements: Individuals who have gone against the odds with spectacular success and/or failure, created something from nothing, executed something to a large scale with limited resources, uncovered and leveraged secrets within market dynamics, acted in creative ways and built solutions to hard problems
- The Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment Apprenticeship is unpaid and includes a cost to participate. Individuals accepted into the Investment Apprenticeship receive a Profit Sharing Agreement to benefit from the financial upside from the investments made, which has the potential to return none, some, all, or more than the total cost of the program.
If interested, please apply here.