Whitecap Venture Partners is an early stage venture capital fund investing in high growth companies across three verticals: Information & Communications Technologies (ICT), Food/FoodTech and MedTech. Whitecap is currently investing out of Fund III (2015) which is a $100M fund supported by many of Canada’s leading 3rd party Limited Partners.
Our team of operators and investment professionals partner with entrepreneurs in verticals where we have deep domain expertise and can bring significant operational and strategic value to companies.
- Deal sourcing – identify and build relationships with high potential startups
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Support Partners on company board of directors (observer roles)
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with high potential startups, evaluate opportunities
- Lead preparation of internal investment memos
- Build relationships with peers in the Canadian startup ecosystem including: founders, VCs, angels and ecosystem partners
- Perform Due Diligence on potential investments
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IP
- Attend conferences, industry events, and networking activities representing Whitecap
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Support Partners on ad-hoc projects
- Education: Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials. Strong technical skills (Engineering, Computer Science, Medical) are a plus.
- Work Experience: 1-5 years of relevant work experience (1 year minimum). Early stage startup/technology experience is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial environment is also a plus.
- A passion for early stage startups and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build long term relationships
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Market competitive compensation/benefit.
If interested, please apply here.