Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples’ lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate. Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake Chemical employee (or an employee of any Westlake Chemical affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the “Careers” worklet and view “Westlake Career Opportunities”.
Conducts business, market, competitive, technical, and financial analyses in support of Vinyls and Corporate Business Development activities. Develops, refines, and recommends actions resulting from benchmarking and other studies, supply/demand/selling price trends, econometric/financial models, forecasts, and budgets. Projects, understands, and supports management to control business results against plan. Estimates valuation and negotiating approaches for targeted internal and external business development, acquisition, and joint venture opportunities. Evaluates commercial agreements and operating improvements. Organizes, analyzes, and facilitates business development, M&A, and related due diligence processes for targeted Vinyls projects. Prepares monthly reports for the Department. Conducts special studies as required for the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vinyls Business Analysis:
- Provide needed business, financial, and sensitivity analyses for capital projects.
- Lead benchmarking, competitor analysis and other key studies.
- Support preparation of meaningful strategic presentations for senior management.
- Prepare monthly reports as needed.
- Review and validate Corporate financial models and forecasts.
- Identify areas for potential strategy changes and operations improvements.
- Participate in cross functional projects such as product profitability measurement.
- Assist in development of data mining and analysis projects
- Special Studies and Other Responsibilities (as needed):
- Analyze and provide data for surveys, benchmarking, bankers, legal actions, industry trade groups etc.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering discipline required, with an MBA strongly preferred.
- Requires minimum 7 years of work experience in Business Analysis, chemical manufacturing, or related field. Prefer chemical, petroleum, or manufacturing business experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and to develop in these areas.
- Incumbent must have strong analytical/modeling skills, and an understanding of financial concepts such as, NPV, IRR, cash flow, and margin analysis in chemical, petroleum, or manufacturing industries.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and be able to develop accurate, detailed analyses under time pressure.
- Experience with ERP and financial consolidation software, data mining, and queries from business intelligence / business warehouse preferred.
- Must have effective verbal/written/presentation skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 10% including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If interested, please apply here.